Wednesday, October 9, 2013

September: road races and barn cats

The kids and I spent the last weekend of September together at my friend Regina's farm.

Cort shows off his toothy grin - look at those choppers!

 Then we visited with our old Kentucky neighbors, the Justices. There's Cory, Cort and Michael.
 The kids played hide-and-seek freeze tag. Apparently, the rules have changed since I was a kid because I never heard a "ready or not, here I come" and I couldn't figure out who was it because no one hid very well. But here Hayes was "it" and chasing somebody.
 I wish I had the edited version of these photos ... Hayes was driving this kids jeep and had this look on her face like she was about to die!
 Then the jeep reared up and dumped her so Cort crawled in while Anthony cracked up.
 Cory and Cort were next but there was lots of screaming and not like I'm-having-fun screaming either. So I put the ki-bosh on further jeep activity for Cort.
 Jimmy took the ramp in it and it was hysterical.
 We found lots of woolly worms but doesn't look like it's going to be a harsh winter at all! No stripes.
 Anthony catches air in the jeep and I almost lost my life just to get the action shot!
 Afterwards, the kids found kittens in Regina's barn and no one was interested in spending time with Unitsi anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment