Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Columbia in July

I know, I know ... I'm months late writing about this.

Just prior to the kids leaving for summer, we went to Columbia to see my grandmother. It had to be the hottest weekend of summer so we didn't so much but stay inside to visit.

Grandpa Jerry brought his dogs over so the kids could help walk them. That seems to make everybody really happy: both the kids and Jerry.



My grandmother is not much of a dog person, really.

On our way out of town, we stopped to see my dad's best friend, Bill McLeod. I haven't seen Bill since I was about 12 and he found me on Facebook, after looking for my dad for the last 10 years. I hated to tell him of my dad's passing and it was serendipitous that we connected and talked.

We had a magnificent visit. The kids swam and were entranced with Bill's underwater camera!




Me with Bill's wife Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment